It’s hard to imagine a more terrifying situation than an active shooter entering your Y. While it’s difficult to simulate the chaos of an active shooter, it’s important that Y employees have at least an idea of how they’d respond to such an aggressive situation. This course provides staff with the various circumstances they should be prepared for.
- Estimated Course Duration: 20 minutes
- Compliance Period: 2 years
- Number of Modules: 2
After this course, staff will be able to answer the following questions:
- What is an active shooter?
- How are recent mass shootings relevant to the Y?
- What should you do during an attack?
- How do you respond if you’re working with young children? Or at camp? Or at the pool?
- How can you help first responders?
- What warning signs do violent people demonstrate?
- What is the Ys EAP for active shooters?