A recent tragedy at a preschool in New York City has been making headlines across the country. A three year old with a known dairy allergy was fed a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. He went into anaphylactic shock and was rushed to the hospital by his mother. Unfortunately, the hospital was unable to save him. Now the preschool has been shut down pending an investigation and sadly a family has been irreparably broken.…continue reading the rest of Fatal Allergic Reactions
I was excited to see this month that Wisconsin has joined the growing list of states broadening access to epinephrine auto-injectors. Epinephrine auto injectors, commonly known by brand names like EpiPen, can mean the difference between life and death for someone with severe allergies. The new law allows more public facilities, such as amusement parks, restaurants, and sports arenas to stock epinephrine and requires employees to…continue reading the rest of Wisconsin Businesses Can Now Save Your Life
Do you have any allergies? Do you take all the necessary precautions? Are you prepared to respond if you do suffer an allergic reaction? One 19-year-old college freshman, unfortunately, was not and he suffered a fatal allergic reaction after eating a cookie with trace amounts of peanut oil.
Cameron Groezinger-Fitzpatrick, aged 19, was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy when he was only eight years old. He took all of the common peanut allergy precautions and had carefully…continue reading the rest of One Bite of a Cookie Claims a Teen's Life
What do you think the scariest part of Halloween is? The costumes? Or the haunted houses? Or possibly the prospect of having to clean up your front yard after the neighbor kids toilet paper everything?
While all of these things are scary in their own right, they pale in comparison to the fear of navigating Halloween with a…continue reading the rest of 4 Ways to Make Halloween Safe for Everyone