At West Bend, your privacy is important to us!
West Bend is committed to providing you, our customer, with the finest insurance products backed by Silver Lining® service. While information is fundamental to our ability to serve our customers, we recognize the importance of maintaining the privacy of your personal information.
West Bend has established these principles for gathering and sharing consumer information:
- We do not and will not sell your personal information to anyone.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable privacy regulations in order to protect your non-public personal information.
- We collect and use customer information only to the extent required to conduct our business and to meet the highest quality service standards.
- We require any organization that helps us serve our customers to meet our privacy standards.
- We exchange customer information with non-affiliated entities, only to the extent required or permitted by law, for underwriting, administrative, or risk management purposes, verification, and to detect or prevent fraud.
We obtain information about our customer from applications, transactions, and other interactions with us, as well as credit reporting agencies and other third parties. We obtain and use this information only in accordance with applicable law or in response to your request for a contract with us. The information we gather helps us identify who you are, manage our relationship with you, and develop insurance products and services that meet your needs.
We are dedicated to serving our customers’ need for privacy. We do NOT share our customer’s non-public personal information with non-affiliated companies except as permitted or required by law. We restrict access to your non-public personal information to our employees and agents who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We will not reveal our customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed our customer in this or other disclosures or agreements, have been authorized by our customer, or are otherwise required by law to do so.
We will not use or share with non-affiliated companies personally identifiable medical information for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of our customer’s policy or claim, or as disclosed to our customer when the information is collected, or to which our customer consents.